This palace was bought by the Medici family in 1549 and became the chief residence of the ruling families of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany.
In the late 18th century, the palazzo was used by Napoleon, and later served for a brief period as the principal royal palace of the newly united Italy. The palace and its contents were donated to the Italian people by King Victor Emmanuel III in 1919.
The Pitti Palace is now the largest museum complex in Florence. The principal palazzo block is 32,000 square metres. It is divided into several principal galleries or museums. We will visit the Palatine Gallery with remarkable masterpieces by Botticelli, Titian, Rubens, Caravaggio and many other Italian and European painters from the XVth to the XVIIth centuries, and also the Royal Apartments and the private art collection of the Medici family.
PRIVATE VISIT TO THE PITTI PALACE – PALATINA GALLERY